Problem Compiling Xerces-C 2.3 with MSVC.Net 7.1

Discussion in 'XML' started by Dan, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Help!

    I am trying to compile Xerces with Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003
    (7.1).

    I tried first with the src zip, which had it's own set of compilation
    errors when I tried to compile, but then I saw a newsgroup message
    suggesting that the latest CVS version of Xerces was required for
    Studio 7.1, so I grabbed the source out of CVS using WinCVS and tried
    to compile again, and now it compiles completely, but fails when
    linking:

    XercesLib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
    __thiscall xercesc_2_3::GrammarEntry::~GrammarEntry(void)"
    (??1GrammarEntry@xercesc_2_3@@QAE@XZ)
    XercesLib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
    __thiscall xercesc_2_3::GrammarEntry::~GrammarEntry(void)"
    (??1GrammarEntry@xercesc_2_3@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public:
    void * __thiscall xercesc_2_3::GrammarEntry::`scalar deleting
    destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GGrammarEntry@xercesc_2_3@@QAEPAXI@Z)

    XercesLib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
    __thiscall xercesc_2_3::GrammarEntry::GrammarEntry(class
    xercesc_2_3::XMLGrammarDescription * const,class xercesc_2_3::Grammar
    * const)" (??0GrammarEntry@xercesc_2_3@@QAE@QAVXMLGrammarDescription@1@QAVGrammar@1@@Z)
    referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
    xercesc_2_3::GrammarResolver::putGrammar(class
    xercesc_2_3::XMLGrammarDescription * const,class xercesc_2_3::Grammar
    * const)" (?putGrammar@GrammarResolver@xercesc_2_3@@QAEXQAVXMLGrammarDescription@2@QAVGrammar@2@@Z)

    XercesLib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
    __thiscall xercesc_2_3::XMLGrammarPoolImpl::XMLGrammarPoolImpl(class
    xercesc_2_3::MemoryManager * const)"
    (??0XMLGrammarPoolImpl@xercesc_2_3@@QAE@QAVMemoryManager@1@@Z)
    referenced in function "public: __thiscall
    xercesc_2_3::GrammarResolver::GrammarResolver(class
    xercesc_2_3::XMLGrammarPool * const,class xercesc_2_3::MemoryManager *
    const)" (??0GrammarResolver@xercesc_2_3@@QAE@QAVXMLGrammarPool@1@QAVMemoryManager@1@@Z)

    Thanks,
    Dan Hughes

    Dan, Jul 1, 2003