Problem in Installing/using OpenOpt

abcd efgh

Hi,

I am facing some problem in installing the OpenOpt optimization toolbox.

What I have done is I downloaded the OpenOpt package and added the
folder containing scikits to the PythonPath by:

sys.path.append('C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\openopt')

but when i try following:

from scikits.openopt import NLP

I get an error saying:

---------------------------------error
message------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
from scikits.openopt import NLP
File "C:\Documents and
Settings\User\Desktop\openopt\scikits\__init__.py", line 1, in
-toplevel-
__import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__)
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Can anyone help me how can I use this package? I have to solve a non
linear programming problem.

Thanks