Problem in launching and saving Excel file via ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Venkatachalam, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    In my web application, I want to create an Excel application, Based on
    some condition. When my ASP application creats the Excel applicatrion, the
    Excel application loads in the memorey (By viewing the task List Process).
    But when I try to do some operation on the Excel, it throws exception which I
    have copied in the later portion.

    Before going to the Exception details, I like to give more info on my
    tries...

    * I gave full permission to ASPNET user account
    * I gave Launching permission for Excel to ASPNET user account in the
    DCOM-CONFIG also

    these two also did not help me. Any help is appricated.

    /*--------Begining of Error Message------------*/

    Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC.

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception
    from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC.

    Line 54: oExcel.Workbooks.Application.SaveWorkspace("C:\\SampleExcel.Xls");

    /*--------End of Error Message------------*/

    /*--------Begning of Code------------*/
    Excel.ApplicationClass oExcel = new Excel.ApplicationClass();
    oExcel.Visible = true;
    // Lot more code need to be added
    oExcel.Workbooks.Application.SaveWorkspace("C:\\SampleExcel.Xls");
    }

    Thanks

    With regards
    Venkat