problem in multi-user asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Deep Silent Ocean, Oct 8, 2005.

  1. Hi All

    I am developing one Portfolio Management application where there is
    single database shared by all the traders.

    I have developed web-based application for this. I want to make this
    multiuser application.

    Following is the architecture of the application ...

    Front End is developed in WebForms

    Business Layerm : Represented by one Object
    Database Layer : Represented by one Object
    and Actual Database : SQL Server

    Now, when I open two browser window and open Main-Entry form in both the
    windows.

    Now, when I deleted one transaction in one window and it gets updated in
    database and that page gets refreshed and shows updated data.

    now, in the second browser-window still there is stale data, now when i
    select the same transactions which i deleted in the first window it
    throws me error. it says that row is no longer there. That means DataSet
    is shared by both the pages.

    How, can I avoid that so that every opening of new windows gets its own
    dataset ? or some log-in mechanisam which creates different session for
    every user ...

    I want to seperate out the user from each other so that individual user
    can work on its own set of dataset ..

    My Business Logic Layer and DbLogic Layer are seperate projects. Both
    the layers are represented by one Object which i get from Factory pattern...

    Following is the object creation sequence :

    So invocation of Entry-Main Form.aspx creates one business object - >
    business object inturn create dbutil object - > db util has dataset
    within it which stores data coming out from stored procedure ...

    Silent Ocean ...

    Deep Silent Ocean, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Deep Silent Ocean

    ViewState Guest

    It should not be so... you must have some other problem

    ViewState, Oct 8, 2005