Problem - Summary Validation, need to submit twice to fire

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. I'm having trouble working with a Summary Validation control. I need to
    click my submit button twice for the Summary to display when validation
    errors occur on the page.

    Background:
    My page contains a radio control which the user must answer to finish the
    page entry. If user hits submit button without selecting item from control,
    summary validation error displays. In this case one click is sufficient.
    Once the user selects choice on control, the page dynamically enables
    controls below, containing various textboxes and calculation buttons. For
    example there are four controls which are validated. If I hit submit without
    entering anything the validation summary fires correctly after one click of
    the button. If I enter data in the first two controls correctly and hit
    submit, nothing happens. If I click submit again, the validation summary
    fires correctly indicating that the final two textbox controls require entry.

    Any ideas why I need to click twice.

    I am using Validation Groups, since there is another inner calculation
    button which only checks the entry of the first two textbox controls.
    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Mar 6, 2007