Problem, Unable to load ASPX page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Helen Abell, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Helen Abell

    Helen Abell Guest

    I have an ASP.Net application which works fine on the XP
    machine where it was developed, and also on one of the
    deployed machines, which is running Win2K Server and
    the .Net framework.

    However, on another laptop running XP and Visual Studio, I
    deployed and tested the application, and it worked fine.
    However, it has suddenly started coming up with an error
    saying Unable to load type, the first time an aspx page is
    called.

    The closest thing I could find in MSDN was this article:
    us;306155

    but, the dll is definitely there, and it was definitely
    working, and no changes to the laptop software have been
    made since.

    Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could cause
    this error?

    Thanks

    Helen
    Helen Abell, Oct 16, 2003

  2. The DLL being there does not necessarily mean the version containing this
    page is there. Try rebuilding your project and surf again.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 16, 2003

  3. "Helen Abell" <> wrote in message
    > I have an ASP.Net application which works fine on the XP
    > machine where it was developed, and also on one of the
    > deployed machines, which is running Win2K Server and
    > the .Net framework.
    >
    > However, on another laptop running XP and Visual Studio, I
    > deployed and tested the application, and it worked fine.
    > However, it has suddenly started coming up with an error
    > saying Unable to load type, the first time an aspx page is
    > called.
    >
    > The closest thing I could find in MSDN was this article:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    > us;306155
    >
    > but, the dll is definitely there, and it was definitely
    > working, and no changes to the laptop software have been
    > made since.

    Has it been configured as an application in IIS? If it is not, you will get
    this error, because it will be expecting the /bin directory to be somewhere
    higher up your website tree.

    R.
    Richard K Bethell, Oct 16, 2003