Problem, Unable to load ASPX page

Helen Abell

I have an ASP.Net application which works fine on the XP
machine where it was developed, and also on one of the
deployed machines, which is running Win2K Server and
the .Net framework.

However, on another laptop running XP and Visual Studio, I
deployed and tested the application, and it worked fine.
However, it has suddenly started coming up with an error
saying Unable to load type, the first time an aspx page is
called.

The closest thing I could find in MSDN was this article:
us;306155

but, the dll is definitely there, and it was definitely
working, and no changes to the laptop software have been
made since.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could cause
this error?

Thanks

Helen

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The DLL being there does not necessarily mean the version containing this
page is there. Try rebuilding your project and surf again.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Richard K Bethell

Helen Abell said:
I have an ASP.Net application which works fine on the XP
machine where it was developed, and also on one of the
deployed machines, which is running Win2K Server and
the .Net framework.

However, on another laptop running XP and Visual Studio, I
deployed and tested the application, and it worked fine.
However, it has suddenly started coming up with an error
saying Unable to load type, the first time an aspx page is
called.

The closest thing I could find in MSDN was this article:
us;306155

but, the dll is definitely there, and it was definitely
working, and no changes to the laptop software have been
made since.

Has it been configured as an application in IIS? If it is not, you will get
this error, because it will be expecting the /bin directory to be somewhere
higher up your website tree.

R.