    this problem?

    Thanks,

    Rajan.
    news.microsoft.com, Jul 7, 2003

  2. news.microsoft.com

    Axel Dahmen Guest

    This sounds like a security problem to me. But as I don't know how you access your UserControl locally I can only take a guess:

    In Windows Explorer try to grant read/execute access to the ASP.NET account and to the IUSR_machineName resp. IWAM_machineName account available on your computer.

    HTH,
    Axel Dahmen

    Axel Dahmen, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Just because they are in the GAC on your server doesn't mean that they are
    publicly available to the whole internet. I bet there are things in the GAC
    that you don't want to share with the whole world. It would be quite
    presumptuous of ASP.NET and IIS to just assume that they should pass along
    your server's private files.
    Therefore it is necessary to copy them to the public wwwroot folder to make
    it clear that you do indeed wish to share these files.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 8, 2003