Problem with Breakpoint/IRB

TomRossi7

When I insert a breakpoint in my Ruby code, I am unable to see
local_variables:

prompt> local_variables
=> ["id", "block", "_"]

I am running ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.9.1]
and found this issue posted about Ruby 1.8.5
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=559&atid=2228&func=detail&aid=4897.
I appear to have the same issue, but according to RubyForge, the issue
has a status of "deleted".

Thanks,
Tom

Axel

Hello Tom,

I recently was playing around with the debugger, and had some
problems, too. What helped a lot, was step 2):

1) run debugger;
2) set the first breakpoint to the first line of your code;
3) c[ontinue] -> debugger should break at your first line;
4) delete this first breakpoint and set your desired breakpoints,
maybe even some disp's;
5) c(ontinue) -> debugger should break at your desired points;
6) v(ar) l(ocal)

I'm on Windows, ruby 1.8.5.

- Axel
( axel o friedrich_smail A T gmx o de )