Problem with calling an exe in the script

deepti

I am not able able to start a thread which checks the pop-ups in the
background. I used this code but doesn't seem to work...

x=Thread.new do
system("c:\\CVPN_Automation\\popupHandler\\popupHandler.exe")
end

Any suggestions?

Luis Lavena

I am not able able to start a thread which checks the pop-ups in the
background. I used this code but doesn't seem to work...

x=Thread.new do
system("c:\\CVPN_Automation\\popupHandler\\popupHandler.exe")
  end

Any suggestions?

Please provide more information about your environment:

1) Version of Ruby (ruby -v)

2) What version of Windows

3) details about "what it supposed to do" since we don't know what is
popupHandler or anything about it.

If the executable you're invoking requires user actions or not, etc.

Help us help you.

deepti

Please provide more information about your environment:

1) Version of Ruby (ruby -v)

2) What version of Windows

3) details about "what it supposed to do" since we don't know what is
popupHandler or anything about it.

If the executable you're invoking requires user actions or not, etc.

Help us help you.

1) Ruby 1.8.2
2) Using an XP client(32bit)
3)popupHandler is a function that has to running in the background and
checks if any pop up occurs, if it does it handles it.

I am not able to invoke this exe. Also this exe requires no other user
actions. It should be running till the script ends.