Problem with DataGrid persistence

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Eric Dugal, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Eric Dugal

    Eric Dugal Guest

    Hi!!

    I'm building a component that operate on on a datagrid.

    My variable declaration :

    private DataGrid m_DataGrid;

    My DataGrid Properties look like this :

    [Browsable(true)]
    [Category("DataBind"),
    Description("Get/Set the DataGrid control that the pager should bind
    to.")
    ]
    public DataGrid DataGrid
    {
    get{return m_DataGrid;}
    set{m_DataGrid = value;}
    }

    The problem is when i tried to put the m_DataGrid in ViewState, it
    doesn't work. I receive the following error message :

    The type 'PowerToolbox.WebGrid' must be marked as Serializable or have
    a TypeConverter other than ReferenceConverter to be put in viewstate.

    any idea???

    Thanks,

    Eric Dugal, Oct 25, 2004