Problem with Eclipse software update

kelvSYC

I'm having problems with both installing and updating new features in
Eclipse. I don't understand what's going on, so perhaps someone can
help me understand.

For example, when I try to update the Eclipse platform to version to
3.4.2.R342_v20090122, I get this error.

Cannot complete the request. See the details.
Eclipse Platform is already installed, so an update will be performed
instead.
Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements
Match[requiredCapability:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.ui/[3.4.2.M20090204-0800,3.4.2.M20
090204-0800]].

What should I do in order to fix this?

John B. Matthews

kelvSYC said:
I'm having problems with both installing and updating new features in
Eclipse. I don't understand what's going on, so perhaps someone can
help me understand.

For example, when I try to update the Eclipse platform to version to
3.4.2.R342_v20090122, I get this error.

Cannot complete the request. See the details. Eclipse Platform is
already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements
Match[requiredCapability:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.ui/[3.4.2.M20090204-0800,
3.4.2.M20 090204-0800]].

What should I do in order to fix this?

I just updated 3.4.2.R342_v20090122 without any problems. What version
are you starting from? I recall having to delete the old version when I
moved among (some) versions of Europa. I'm guessing Ganymede 3.4.2,
3.4.1 and 3.4 are similarly distinct. Finally, you might ask in an
eclipse group:

<http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/>