Problem with Internet Explorer ActiveX Update

dlcf123

We have a .NET ASP application that uses <OBJECT> to load an ActiveX
component. I have replaced the <OBJECT> HTML in the .ASP file with the
object definition with innerHTML and an external JScript function to
load an ActiveX control as described in the Microsoft document at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/dhtml/overview/activating_activex.asp

I still get the error "Object doesn't support this property or method:
'MESTransaction.myMachineNameControl.GetComputer'" when I run the page
from XP or Server 2003 machines that have been updated. The page works
fine and does display the computer name when accessed from Win2000
machines.

I have tried everything that I can think of - the MachineName.ocx file
is installed in the Downloaded Programs directory and registerred with
the proper keys in the registry on the XP machine. I even created a
test VB application that used it, and was able to get the Computer Name
to display in a text box on a VB Windows application on my XP system.
I just don't know what else to try.

I can't be the only person having this problem. Any help will be
appreciated.