Problem with Japanese Fonts and Java (Mayjay)

ro.naldfi.scher

I would like to run a Java application under Linux (Zig Zichterman's
"Mayjay",
available for free at http://ziggr.com/mayjay/), which is supposed to
display
Japanese characters. The problem is that this application does not find
and Japanese fonts on my system.

I'm pretty sure that I do have at least *some* suitable Japanese font,
because
for example my web browser (Seamonkey) is able to display Japanese
pages. I contacted the author of Mayjay to ask, how he determined what
a Japanese font is, and he replied that he used
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getAllFonts()), and tests to see which of
those fonts can display japanese. He guesses that
Java does not infer correctly from the OS which fonts are Japanese, so
this might
be either a Linux or a Java problem.

Unfortunately I don't have much experience in this area. Any help would
be
highly appreciated.

Ronald

hiwa

(e-mail address removed) ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
[...]

Java needs proper font configuration file in its jre/lib directory.
If your system locale is not ja on your Linux system, Java would not
use
the correct font config for Japanese even when it has one.

Try visit: http://forum.java.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=54

hiwa

hiwa ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
(e-mail address removed) ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:

Java needs proper font configuration file in its jre/lib directory.
If your system locale is not ja on your Linux system, Java would not
use
the correct font config for Japanese even when it has one.

Try visit: http://forum.java.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=54
Mayjay has Font menu that selects font from font paths or
/etc/X11/fs/config ..... catalogue entries