problem with java version "1.4.1_01"

Madhur Ahuja

Hello
I have installed JDK, but I am unable to use IDE's like Forte v 2.0 and Java
Workshop v 3.0
with this JDK. The problem with both is *jvm.dll*. Both software searches
for this file in my
*/bin/classic/jvm.dll* while I have no such directory structure in my jdk.
Instead jvm.dll is present
in */bin/client/jvm.dll* or */bin/server/jvm.dll*.
Any Help would be appreciated.

--
Winners dont do different things, they do things differently.

Madhur Ahuja
India

Homepage : http://madhur.netfirms.com

xarax

Madhur Ahuja said:
Hello
I have installed JDK, but I am unable to use IDE's like Forte v 2.0 and Java
Workshop v 3.0
with this JDK. The problem with both is *jvm.dll*. Both software searches
for this file in my
*/bin/classic/jvm.dll* while I have no such directory structure in my jdk.
Instead jvm.dll is present
in */bin/client/jvm.dll* or */bin/server/jvm.dll*.
Any Help would be appreciated.
/snip/

I had the same issue when I upgraded to 1.4.2_05. The
resolution was to uninstall the JDK, then reinstall.

When upgrading JDK or JRE, uninstall the old before
installing the new.

Madhur Ahuja

I never upgraded the JDK, I did a clean install.

--
Winners dont do different things, they do things differently.

Madhur Ahuja
India

Homepage : http://madhur.netfirms.com

Minh Tran-Le

Madhur said:
Hello
I have installed JDK, but I am unable to use IDE's like Forte v 2.0 and Java
Workshop v 3.0
with this JDK. The problem with both is *jvm.dll*. Both software searches
for this file in my
*/bin/classic/jvm.dll* while I have no such directory structure in my jdk.
Instead jvm.dll is present
in */bin/client/jvm.dll* or */bin/server/jvm.dll*.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Sun switched around some of the definition of classic/hotspot to just
client/server and I don't think you can disable the JIT any more. If
you have old software that assume jre/bin/classic, you can just create
that directory and copy the content of jre/bin/client into it.

You may also want to see if you may need to tweak the argument aliases
in jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg