problem with JDBC

Pappu

Hi,

I have problem with JDBC.

I am using netBeans 5.5 along with MySQL 5.0 And connector/J Driver
for the same.
I have installed it properly.Even though I am getting database
connection in runtime window the program doesn't work.
But when I run the program I get 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'
ClassNotFoundException .What shoud I do to get it corrected?

Can anybody hep me?

ElLlaneroSolitario

Try pasting the connector in de directory:

C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\lib\ext

That is in my computer; of course, you must translate it into the one
equivalent in yours.

Andrew Thompson

ElLlaneroSolitario said:
Try pasting the connector in de directory:

C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\lib\ext

It would make more sense for the OP to figure
out how to add it to the runtime classpath of
the application (at runtime).

That way, the 'ext' directory does not get filled up
with a lot of useless crud that the JVM needs to
search for classes, and it also avoids having to give
the end users instructions on 'what to put where'
for the application to work.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/