Problem with machine.config

Jorge Ochoa

Hello every one:

I have a problem: We have applications in a share server but they have
changed the machine.config <trust level= "Full" to
<trust level="Medium", this does not let me use assembles like a text editor
of htlm. I tried to write down this line:
trust level="Full" at the web.config but it did not work because they have
take out all permissions to overwrite policies.

What can I do to solve this problem, I am searching for any answer through
Internet but there is not clues.

Nicole Calinoiu

If you want to run your application on their server, you'll need to ensure
that you don't use assemblies that require permissions beyond the medium
trust permission grant. If you're not willing to change your application,
you have a fairly limited set of options:

1. Change hosting providers to one that doesn't force ASP.NET application
to run with partial trust. Of course, this will result in your application
being potentially vulnerable to the other fully trusted applications that
run on the same server.

2. Convince your current hosting provider to allow your application to run
with full trust. (This is a change they, but not you, can apply.) Of
course, if they let your application run with full trust, they might let
other folks do the same, and you're essentially back to the same
vulnerability as in #1.

3. Host the application on a dedicated server where you can control the
trust level and you don't need to worry about potential risk from others'
fully trusted application. This is, of course, usually more expensive than
#1 or #2. <g>