Problem with Pro*c

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
Richard Heathfield said:
Ian Collins said: [...]
Your original comment was "Get rid of the non-standard syntax."

And the context within which that comment was made was one of the
Pro*C precompiler, which (as far as I'm aware) does not support, and
has never supported, anything other than C90.

And you expected others to know that?

I expected the OP to know that.

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
Richard Heathfield said:
Ian Collins said: [...]
Your original comment was "Get rid of the non-standard syntax."

And the context within which that comment was made was one of the
Pro*C precompiler, which (as far as I'm aware) does not support, and
has never supported, anything other than C90.

And you expected others to know that?

I expected the OP to know that.

I see no indication that the OP knew that, or that he knew that
variadic macros are a C99 feature. And you weren't just talking to
the OP.

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
Ian Collins said:
[...]
Your original comment was "Get rid of the non-standard syntax."

And the context within which that comment was made was one of the
Pro*C precompiler, which (as far as I'm aware) does not support,
and has never supported, anything other than C90.

And you expected others to know that?

I expected the OP to know that.

I see no indication that the OP knew that, or that he knew that
variadic macros are a C99 feature.

I misspoke. (Never reply in a hurry, Richard.) I mean that I expected
the OP to realise what I meant, and I suspect that he did indeed
realise that. Of course, I could be wrong about that.
And you weren't just talking to the OP.

Nevertheless, I was more interested in giving him a useful answer than
in providing Yet Another Public Lecture.

CBFalconer

Richard said:
.... snip ...

Nevertheless, I was more interested in giving him a useful answer
than in providing Yet Another Public Lecture.

Popularly known as YAPping.

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
Ian Collins said:
[...]
Your original comment was "Get rid of the non-standard syntax."

And the context within which that comment was made was one of the
Pro*C precompiler, which (as far as I'm aware) does not support,
and has never supported, anything other than C90.

And you expected others to know that?

I expected the OP to know that.

I see no indication that the OP knew that, or that he knew that
variadic macros are a C99 feature.

I misspoke. (Never reply in a hurry, Richard.) I mean that I expected
the OP to realise what I meant, and I suspect that he did indeed
realise that. Of course, I could be wrong about that.
And you weren't just talking to the OP.

Nevertheless, I was more interested in giving him a useful answer than
in providing Yet Another Public Lecture.

And how did that work out? :cool:}

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
And how did that work out? :cool:}

Pretty well. I gained a new fan (Stan Milam). He is now a fully paid-up
member of the "If it were good enough for us fifteen year since, it're
still good enough today" Club. (Stan - your badge and cipher wheel will
be in the post as soon as your cheque clears.)

Stan Milam

Richard said:
Keith Thompson said:

Pretty well. I gained a new fan (Stan Milam). He is now a fully paid-up
member of the "If it were good enough for us fifteen year since, it're
still good enough today" Club. (Stan - your badge and cipher wheel will
be in the post as soon as your cheque clears.)

Hum, I do not know if this is a good thing.... Can't wait to play with
the cipher wheel :).

--
Regards,
Stan Milam