Problem with py2exe

David

I am unable to use py2exe to create an executable, even on the simple
sample that comes with the package. There seems to be a problem when it
is copying files. The ‘build’ and ‘dist’ directories are created and
populated, but there is no executable created. The error message says:

setup.py returned exit code: can’t copy c:\Python24\Lib\sit

I am running on Windows XP with distribution 2.4.2 and executing the
setup.py from Pythonwin Build 204

I downloaded py2exe from sourceforge the version of py2exe for Python 2.4

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance

David

David

David said:
I am unable to use py2exe to create an executable, even on the simple
sample that comes with the package. There seems to be a problem when it
is copying files. The ‘build’ and ‘dist’ directories are created and
populated, but there is no executable created. The error message says:

setup.py returned exit code: can’t copy c:\Python24\Lib\sit

I am running on Windows XP with distribution 2.4.2 and executing the
setup.py from Pythonwin Build 204

I downloaded py2exe from sourceforge the version of py2exe for Python 2.4

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance

David

OK, I was a bit hasty in posting. I am now able to create the 'hello'
executable, but am still puzzled. By going into the windows 'cmd'
window and executing Python from the command line, the py2exe build is
done properly. But when I do the execution of the setup.py from the
Pythonwin prompt I get the failure originally reported. Is it possible
to run py2exe from Pythonwin?

David