Problem with py2exe

DDany

HI!
I've a problem with py2exe: well, first of all I say that I use python
2.4.1 , py2exe 0.6.3 and distutils 1.0.2 on winxp.
To use py2exe I wrote a file setup.py like this:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(
version = "0.1",
description = "Py2Exe Script",
name = "App.exe",
windows = ["C:\app\\app.py"],
)

file that is launched in this way:
D:\programs\python24\python.exe setup.py py2exe

The command starts and at the beginning seems that all goes on with no
problem, but at a certain point there's an error:

copying D:\programs\python24\MSVCR71.dll -> D:\Applicazione\dist
error: could not delete 'C:\app\dist\MSVCR71.dll': Permission denied

However folders build and dist are created: in particular into the
folder dist i have the w9xpopen.exe file, some *.pyd files and some
dll's... among dll's I have the MSVCR71.dll too.
I don't understand what's the problem so I ask you a help!!!
See ya, bye!

Miki Tebeka

Hello DDany,

copying D:\programs\python24\MSVCR71.dll -> D:\Applicazione\dist
error: could not delete 'C:\app\dist\MSVCR71.dll': Permission denied

However folders build and dist are created: in particular into the
folder dist i have the w9xpopen.exe file, some *.pyd files and some
dll's... among dll's I have the MSVCR71.dll too.
My guess in the MSVCR71.dll is a read-only file in system32 and when py2exe
tries to copy it the 2'nd time it fails.

Either change MSVCR71.dll to read-write in system32 or delete "dist" before
calling to py2exe.

One final note:
You subject line could have been better, see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.

Bye.
Miki Tebeka <[email protected]>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys

DDany

Hi Miki,
I solved this first problem, thank you!
I was convinced to done things you suggested me, but... it wasn't!!!
I changed the access type of MSVCR71.dll and all went ok!
Thank you once again for your interest, bye!
P.S
Thank you for your final note too, next time I'll make a better
subject!