strange problem with Py2exe

sf409777

Hello all,
in the past I've used Py2exe without any problem, but now I have this
strange difficulty.
In my computer I have python 2.6, py2exe for python 2.6 and the
distutils, but when I do:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(console=['hello.py'])

( like written in: http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial )

at the end (at the command 'setup') all exits from python and I am
again in DOS.
(The same occurs when I use a file: e.g. python 1.py)

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks

CM

Hello all,
in the past I've used Py2exe without any problem, but now I have this
strange difficulty.
In my computer I have  python 2.6,  py2exe for python 2.6 and the
distutils, but when I do:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(console=['hello.py'])

( like written in:  http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial)

at the end (at the command 'setup') all exits from python and I am
again in DOS.
(The same occurs when I use a file: e.g.  python 1.py)

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks

I think the problem is w/ Python 2.6--see this comment:
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-Python-2.6-and-py2exe---the-exe-crashes-on-vista-p21658057.html

Mike Driscoll

Hello all,
in the past I've used Py2exe without any problem, but now I have this
strange difficulty.
In my computer I have  python 2.6,  py2exe for python 2.6 and the
distutils, but when I do:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(console=['hello.py'])

( like written in:  http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial)

at the end (at the command 'setup') all exits from python and I am
again in DOS.
(The same occurs when I use a file: e.g.  python 1.py)

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks

Re-post to the py2exe mailing list, but CM is probably correct. The
last I heard, compiling with 2.6 had some added complications. You
could also check the archives of this list AND the py2exe list. I'm
pretty sure there have been posts on this multiple times within a few
weeks of 2.6's release.

Here's a link to py2exe's list and archives:

Mike