Problem with SAVE! Please help...

Martin Mrazek

Hi,
I'm saving some data from HTML form on user's PC. In JS it's like

function saveToFile( filePath, content) {
var fso, ts;
var ForWrite = 2;
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
ts = fso_OpenTextFile(soubCesta, ForWrite, true);
ts.Write(obsah);
ts.close();
};
}

This works properly, when I run the html document containing this
script NOT using Apache, but directly from my disc. When I put the
document to apache2/htdocs and run it by http://localhost/ the damned
saving doesn't work. (Ofcourse I try it under IE).

Please advice!

Martin

Vincent van Beveren

If you want to get this working you'll need to change
the security settings. Add localhost to your trusted sites.

tools > internet options > security

(note that you'll need to uncheck the https checkbox)

Then it will work, but only on your PC. Other users will have to repeat
the same action but then for their computer.

Vincent