problem with webclient.downloadfile method

Purva

I want to download a file from my webapplication to client computer.I am
trying this method but this is just copying the file from one location to
anothor on server only,.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Purva

Remy

I think you need to tell us a bit more of what you wanna do here?
You can just add a link on the webpage to your file and the user can
then download the file, but I guess I'm stating the obvious.
Do you automatically wanna download a file. That would be a bit more
tricky and only works with ActiveX or something along thoses lines.

Remy Blaettler

Purva

Thanks Remy for ur response.

Actually I need to copy some files from server to client machine to help the
user drag and drop these files to some other software. So I want that there
will be one fixed folder on client machine where we can download the files
from our web application and will browse the files from there so that he can
drag and drop the files to other software.

Can u help me.Thanks in Advance
Purav

Joerg Jooss

Hello Purva,
I want to download a file from my webapplication to client computer.I
am trying this method but this is just copying the file from one
location to anothor on server only,.

WebClient.DownloadFile() downloads the file to the local filesytem. If you
download a file in server-side code and need to stream that back to a client
machine, you have to implement that last step yourself.

Cheers,

Remy

Without ActiveX or maybe Java (not 100% sure) its not possible to just
download file automatically from the internet.

Remy