Problem with XML-RPC not mounted in /

Almad

Hi,

I'm trying to build XML-RPC service, both server and client library.

My server is CherryPy with XML-RPC filter. I have here method
registration_ip. When it's in, say http://ws.rpgplanet.nerv/,
everything is OK, but when I move it in http://ws.rpgplanet.nerv/main/,
this behaviour occur:

srv = ServerProxy('http://ws.rpgplanet.nerv/main/')
print srv.register_ip("guest")

raises 404, as according to log, library is trying to access /main/
instead of /main/register_ip

srv = ServerProxy('http://ws.rpgplanet.nerv/')
print srv.main.register_ip("guest")

raises 500, as client is correctly hitting /main/register_ip, but NOT
sending "guest" argument.

I'm probably missing something obvious, so where should problem be? Is
it not possible for XML-RPC to live not in / ?

Thank You for advices,

Almad

Almad

Just FYI, this is bug in CP filter machinery, xmlrpc filter do not
apply recursively so do not dispatch reuqest.

Quick fix is to xmlrpcfilter.on not only on /ws, but also on /ws/main

Regards,

Almad