Problems accessing Web Service...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sharon McCarty, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Hi Everyone,

    I have the default HelloWorld webservice in asp.net. I'm trying to
    access it using VBSCript, with the code:

    dim oX
    set oX = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    oX.open "POST", "http://localhost/SampleWebServiceinC/SampleWebServiceinC.asmx?HelloWorld",
    false
    oX.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
    ox.send
    MsgBox oX.responseText

    I'm trying to grab the string, "Hello World" from the MsgBox.

    Running this, I get the error message:

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Unable to handle request
    without a valid action parameter. Please supply a valid soap action.

    Does anyone know about this?

    Thank you~
    Sharon
    Sharon McCarty, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Sharon McCarty

    Martin Kulov Guest

    Hi Sharon,
    Your web service requires correct soap requests. You should use the soap toolkit instead of manually create xml packet.

    Kind regards,
    Martin Kulov
    www.codeattest.com
    Martin Kulov, Nov 5, 2004