Problems porting a program from one computer to another. MSXML version?

Discussion in 'XML' started by OKI, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. OKI

    OKI Guest

    Hi.

    I´ve made a XML parser using MSXML2.LIB in a computer. When i´ve tried
    to run it in another one like that:

    HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_DOMDocument, NULL,
    CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IXMLDOMDocument, (void **)&(this->xmlDoc));

    the result is:

    hr = -2147221164 (Class not registered)

    I think it could be a problem with MSXML versions in the two
    computers. In the first one I have the following libraries in
    Windows\System32, msxml.dll, msxml3.dll, msxml3a.dll, msxml3r.dll,
    msxmlr.dll. In the second one all I have is msxml.dll (different from
    the first one) and msxmlr.dll.

    Both computers have installed Windows2000.

    If this is the problem, how can I know which MSXML version do I have?
    I´ve tried some ASP sniffers but in the second computer I haven´t
    internet connection.

    I'd appreciate some help from you.

    Thanks in advance.
    OKI, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Check out and compare the prog Id's of the two different computers (for
    MSXML) in the registry. They should be different. In that case your code a)
    either has to handle this b) or throw up an error saying it requires the
    latest version of MSXML.
    The appropriate forum for this is in MSDEV and not here..

    Martin SChukrazy, Feb 27, 2004