Problems using freeze with platform dependant compiles

Jeff Smith

When following the instruction to create platform dependant builds by
running configure in a different directoty than the unpacked source, I
find that freeze no longer works because it looks for things in the
source tree that are now in the platform tree.

Is this expected? Is there an easy workaround without creating a
complete source tree for every platform?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Smith

When following the instruction to create platform dependant builds by
running configure in a different directoty than the unpacked source, I
find that freeze no longer works because it looks for things in the
source tree that are now in the platform tree.

Actually, I find myself completely unable to use freeze as documented
on AIX 5.1 with Python 2.3.4. The freeze step "works" (i.e. no
errors) but the Makefile produced is looking in the wrong place for a
couple of things. Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

Jeff