Problems Viewing Web Page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff Petter, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Jeff Petter

    Jeff Petter Guest

    I'll preface this by stating that I am brand new to asp.net, so I may be way
    off base in my approach, but I do have a few books that I've been following
    along with.

    Presently, I have a couple of things that really have me scratching my head,
    and both have to do with viewing controls on a web form. The first is an
    image. If I place an Image control (and maybe I should mention that I'm in
    'grid control' mode) on the page and use the properties to set the image
    url, build & start the app, all I see is a blank page. However, if I drag
    the file from the project explorer onto the aspx page, build & start, I see
    it. Additionally, I cannot place static text and textbox controls on the
    page, and have them displayed where I place them. What I have noticed is
    that the HTML controls seem to work in so far as they are positioned where I
    place them, and I see them. The web controls though, I either don't see, or
    they aren't positioned where I've placed them on the page.

    If anyone has any ideas I would certainly appreciate them.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jeff Petter, Aug 28, 2003