Problems with asp loading sequences

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by arun.hallan@gmail.com, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I had the problem of accessing controls that i had added on the fly.

    I had a look at the following webpage:
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/retainingstate.asp , which worked.

    However i have the following problem: depending on what item a user
    selects from a combo box, the "NumberOfControls" variable changes.

    What i want to happen is that the dynamic controls are created, and
    then the second creation on controls happens. The problem is, this
    sometimes happens backwards.

    The reason why this is a problem is as so:

    Imagine the combo selects between "man" and "dog".
    If i select dog, then 4 "leg" controls are added.
    If correctly "numberofcontrols" is set to 4.

    Now if i select "man", i want the dynamic addition of controls to
    happen first, so "numberofcontrols" is set to 2.

    What sometimes happens, is that the second creation of controls
    actually happens first, it tries to create 4 "legs" instead of 2, and
    the system crashes.

    Can anyone help!?
    , Dec 15, 2005

    O, and i have tried other methods, without using the NumberOfControls
    variable, but then the system doesnt link the controls together and
    instead double the controls are added to the form/
    , Dec 15, 2005

    Sorry to bump this.

    Does anyone have any idea? I can't really progress unless i get this
    sorted.

    Or unless i change my whole direction.
    , Dec 16, 2005