Two problems

Nick Hatzis

First Problem :

I program an ASP.NET application that uses SQL Server 2005 Reporting
Services.
Recently I came into a dead end when I had to pass a parameter from my
application
to the report. I 've looked over the Internet and found absolutely nothing.
If someone is
capable of doing that he/she doesn't have to be shy to share it with me.

Second Problem :

I get the following error when I press F5 in the VS2005 :
Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that
contains Content controls.
What is this and how can I overcome it

Thanks in advance,
Nick Hatzis

P.S. : To answer by e-mail remove the "bog" from the username.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Not sure on problem #2, but there is a variety of ways to talk to Reporting
Services. One method is to talk to the web service and render the report in
your application. This is exactly how it is done in RS portal. You can also
send arguments on the query string.

Download the code from the ADO.NET 2 Professional (Wrox) on Reporting
Services. While it is just a learning example, the code in there should give
you some guidance. It comes from chapter 15. Unfortuantely, this is not the
sample chapter, so I cannot direct you to the information on their site.
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764584375,descCd-download_code.html