Problems with bean:write.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Karl Lopes, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. Karl Lopes

    Karl Lopes Guest

    I am running into a strange jsp problem.

    I wrote a custom filter tag which I tested in isolation. It works
    fine.
    I then tested it on the actual system, embedded inside a property of a
    bean:write tag like yea--->

    <bean:write property="description" filter = "false"/>

    where description= "some text <customtag>some more text</customtag>"

    Now when it renders on the page, the customtag does not seem to get
    called.

    i.e. If I look at the html source I see "some text <customtag>some
    more text</customtag>". I cut and pasted the source into a separate
    jsp and retested just to make sure I was not missing something and it
    works fine. i.e. The tag gets called. I am importing the taglib etc
    etc.
    What do you think the problem is? Any debugging ideas?
    Thanks
    Karl.

    Karl Lopes, Jul 29, 2004