Problems with Mail::Mailer

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by nikko, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. nikko

    nikko Guest

    I need to fix a script that sends out emails from my site using
    Mail::Mailer and send using the smtp method (which involkes
    Net::SMTP). The sender info is included in the headers and most people
    have no problem. However, some companies have anti spam methods where
    they reverse lookup the senders domain and for this they do not use
    the header address but the SMTP MAIL FROM: address. Since this is not
    set, our mail server sents this to which
    results in the lookup failing on the recipient end and the email is
    dropped.

    I'd rather not change the script too much and was wonderng if it is
    possible to make this work with Mail::Mailer.

    The code is:
    my $date = "$wday $mday $mon $year $hour:$min:$sec GMT";
    my $mailserver = "smtp.xyz.com";
    my $mailer = new Mail::Mailer('smtp', Server => $mailserver);

    my(%headers) = ('To' => "$company",
    'Bcc' => "licenses\@amer.xyz.com",
    'From' => "ts-systems\@xyz.com",
    'Subject' => "Your Info",