Problems with my newsletter system

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Laphan, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Laphan

    Laphan Guest

    Hi Guys

    Don't know if you can help, but here goes.

    Created a basic ASP/ADO/Access 2000 Newsletter system using JMail.
    Basically client has 300+ subscribers and wants to send 1 newsletter email
    to them all every 1 - 2 months.

    Missed my client's call to say it wasn't working, but having checked with my
    ISP (FastHosts), they have some kind of embargo on the amount of emails that
    can be sent every 10 seconds.

    Has anybody experienced this problem and found a way round it.

    Many thanks.

    Rgds

    Laphan

    Laphan, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Laphan

    Ray at Guest

    Use a better host or add wscript.sleep 10000 in your loop after every n
    e-mails, where n is the limit.

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    Ray at, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Laphan

    Robbie Guest

    "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Use a better host or add wscript.sleep 10000 in your loop after every n
    > e-mails, where n is the limit.
    >
    > Ray at home

    Dear Ray

    Thanks for the lightening fast reply, but could you elaborate on how I
    use the wscript to iterate through batches of emails.

    I basically recordset the one newsletter into a var.

    Then recordset the subscriber emails list.

    Then JMail this list out with a copy of the newsletter.

    ISP will only allow 10 emails every 30 seconds or 50 emails every 10
    mins.

    Your help would be very much appreciated.

    Rgds

    Robbie

    Robbie, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Laphan

    Ray at Guest

    How about posting your code over in the scripting.vbscript group? You won't
    want to do this with ASP, since your script is going to run for like an
    hour.

    While I understand why your host does what they do, if they're preventing
    you from fulfilling a business need, you should find a new host. Or just
    BCC everyone.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 29, 2003