Problems with postscript from canvas in rubytk

Len Lawrence

Yet another post about paddb. Paddb is a homegrown application of
mine which I have been using in various incarnations for 24 years, for
at least 12 years as a Tcl/Tk program. One of its functions is to
print a set of address labels from a canvas via the postscript
function. That has worked extremely well for the last 12 years but
having made the decision to move from C to Ruby I have spent a month
recoding the whole thing in rubytk. The GUI works but the PostScript
output is not as expected. There seem to be two problems; one is a
failure to find certain fonts, and second to use sizes for the typeface
which do not agree with those requested. I can just about cope with
the first bug by postprocessing the Postscript page before printing.
It is a nasty hack but unavoidable. How to deal with the second is an
order of magnitude more difficult since it involves remembering all
the details of the labels and then searching for the correct item in
the Postscript output. At this stage I feel it is necessary to delve
into the ruby-tk code to find out what is going wrong. However I have
been unable to locate the source, even on RubyForge. Googling returns
17600 matches but so far none seem to be relevant. Any idea where I
can find the code or how I could formulate a bug report?

Len

Joel VanderWerf

Len said:
Thanks - bookmarked that. Now for some digging.

Good luck, and I hope you can keep us posted. I'd like to generate
postscript from tk canvas as well.