    would like them to be.

    Thank you very much,

    Marcelo

    Marcelo Fernandez, May 26, 2007

  2. Marcelo Fernandez

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:11:00 -0700, Marcelo Fernandez
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > Hi !
    >
    > I am having a lot of trouble compiling my directshow filter with third
    > party libraries.
    >
    > In fact, I would like to know if there is an application that can tell
    > me if the library has been generated in MT, MD, MDd or MTd mode. I do
    > not have direct access to this libraries so I cannot recompile them as I
    > would like them to be.
    >
    > Thank you very much,

    C++ has no concept of static libraries, or "MT", "MD", and whatever
    else you are talking about. These things are all platform specific
    mechanisms. You need to ask about them in a group that supports your
    compiler/OS combination.

    Judging by the headers on your post,
    news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 might be a good choice.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, May 26, 2007

  3. Marcelo Fernandez

    Ron AF Greve Guest

    OT:Re: Problems with static libraries

    Hi,

    You might try the dumpbin tool from the command line:

    C:\Documents and Settings\Projects\vc\Fluor\CoreDLL>dumpbin /directives
    shared.lib
    Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 7.10.3052

    Dump of file shared.lib

    File Type: LIBRARY

    Linker Directives
    -----------------
    /DEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMTD"
    /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES"
    /EDITANDCONTINUE

    Linker Directives
    -----------------
    /DEFAULTLIB:"libcpmtd"
    /include:?id@?$codecvt@DDH@std@@2V0locale@2@A
    /include:?id@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A
    /include:?id@?$numpunct@D@std@@2V0locale@2@A
    /DEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMTD"
    /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES"
    /EDITANDCONTINUE
    the LIBCMTD in this case says it was linked to C-Library (CLIB)
    MultiThreaded Debug (MTD)Regards, Ron AF Greve
    http://www.InformationSuperHighway.eu

    Ron AF Greve, May 26, 2007