Process

Trond

I am trying to start a console program from an event in a ASP.NET page. In
the folder where the EXE is there is a config file. Here is some code i
wrote that should start the exe file:

Process p = new Process();

p.StartInfo.FileName = @"C:\Manager\Manager.exe";

p.StartInfo.Arguments = @"/c dir C:\Manager";

p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;

p.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;

p.Start();

p.WaitForExit(3000);

In event viewer i get error that indicates that the config file can not be
found in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder?

File not found!: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Manager.config:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\Manager.config".

The Manager.exe file is starting up some work where it reads from a database
and append a message to a messagequeue. It needs some values set in config
file. I am a lil stuck here so i am wondering if anyone in here has a
solution for this one :) The config file is in the same folder as the exe.
(C:\Manager)

Best regards
Trond

bouagja

You may set the property

p.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory

to the directory where the config file is.