Processing a received email?

M Wells

Hi All,

I'd like to write myself a perl program to handle a received email on
a specific account associated with my web site and put its contents
into a known table in my site's database.

My host tells me he can point an email account at a perl script so
that the script receives any email sent to that account.

I'm a reasonably competent PHP programmer, but relatively new to Perl
(ie I wrote my first very simple perl script to connect to my local
MySQL database only minutes ago).

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to an online example of the
contents of an email being passed to a Perl script and being processed
by that script into a db?

Many thanks in advance!

Much warmth,

Murray