    I really appreciate your input on this.

    Thanks
    Maz
    mazdotnet, Apr 30, 2008

  2. It's an events page, implying that there'll be a listing of events and
    information about those events. Will there be links to pages that display
    details about those events too? If yes, you could make it an RSS feed.

    S.M. Altaf [MVP]
    http://www.mendhak.com/

    S.M. Altaf [MVP], Apr 30, 2008

  3. mazdotnet

    bruce barker Guest

    To allow the broadest coverage I'd use the REST interface (Web 2.0). Its
    getting much more popular then web services (for open interfaces), as they
    are easier to consume. Its basically a url/xml pattern (your first choice).

    the url mapping module in the .net extensions (still beta) is designed to
    support REST. also the new SQL Server Data Services (cloud) is REST based.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 1, 2008
  4. I would go with the webservice, but instead of returning a dataset I would
    return an array of structures (just create a class with a Title,
    Description, and whatever other public properties needed and decorate it
    with a [Serializable] attribute, and return an array of it).

    That way it's easier to consume on other platforms other than NET.

    Fernando Rodriguez, May 2, 2008