Profiling and speed up

Discussion in 'Python' started by Franz Steinhaeusler, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Hi Newsgroup,

    I'm looking for a way to measure the performance of an app,
    which is built in wxPython and uses the styled text control

    Then after discovering some bottlenecks, to speed up things;
    first of all minimize the startup time.
    and then speed up the stc.

    Someone is experienced and could show me a way or give me tips?
    Are there some tools in python (beside of the profile module),
    best if it would be graphical like performance analysis from DevPartner
    for Visual C++?

    Second question: python has a kind of garbage collector.
    But could it be, because of some bad programming style,
    that memory is wasted more and more?

    Many thanks in advance!

    --
    Franz Steinhaeusler