Profiling with NetBeans - remote application

Discussion in 'Java' started by GlenM, Sep 7, 2010.

  1. GlenM

    GlenM Guest

    Okay folks, I am a little lost here.

    I am so used to eh-hem, commercial type Java analysis tools (JProbe,
    DevPartner Java) so I am going to go out on a limb here.
    I don't really want to drop the coin for the license for the above
    applications ($2k and about $600) so, I decided to go with a free
    solution.

    I have NetBeans 6.9.1 and I want to use it to profile a remove Java
    application. I was successful in attaching the profiler to the remote
    application. That was actually quite straightforward.

    However, during the live profiling results, I would like to be able to
    view the sources of my profiled objects/classes.

    This is the question - how do I configure the profiler to view the
    correct sources. I keep seeing a pop up dialogue box telling that :

    No source found for class java.class.classname.object (example)

    Can anyone help me out? I am a little clueless.

    Thanks everyone.

    Glen
    GlenM, Sep 7, 2010

  2. GlenM

    Lew Guest

    GlenM wrote:
    > Can anyone help me out? I am a little clueless.

    Please do not multi-post.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Sep 8, 2010