profiling ruby extensions

Elias Athanasopoulos

Hello!

Has anyone profiled ruby extensions on Linux?

I would like to see in which C parts of my code, ruby
spends most of the time during the execution of a Ruby
script. Any recomendation of a known tool to accomplish
such a task?

Regards,

Tim Hunter

Hello!

Has anyone profiled ruby extensions on Linux?

I would like to see in which C parts of my code, ruby spends most of the
time during the execution of a Ruby script. Any recomendation of a known
tool to accomplish such a task?

Regards,

Check out valgrind, http://valgrind.kde.org/

Robert Klemme

Elias Athanasopoulos said:
Hello!

Has anyone profiled ruby extensions on Linux?

I would like to see in which C parts of my code, ruby
spends most of the time during the execution of a Ruby
script. Any recomendation of a known tool to accomplish
such a task?

Doesn't gcc provide profiling support?

robert

Elias Athanasopoulos

Doesn't gcc provide profiling support?

You mean gprof of binutils? Well, yes. I was just asking for
something simpler, used often by Ruby's exetensions developers.

Regards,