Program to run C programs?

Dirk

Hello,

I have a bunch of C programs that I've written and I was wondering if
there was a program out there, preferably free, or a method of running
these programs on my Windows Vista notebook? I don't necessarily need
a program that will compile anything, just run the binary files. I was
told about jGrasp, but could not get the compiler to work or figure
out how to just run a program without compiling the source file.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

-Dirk

santosh

Dirk said:
Hello,

I have a bunch of C programs that I've written and I was wondering if
there was a program out there, preferably free, or a method of running
these programs on my Windows Vista notebook?

What's wrong with invoking them from the command line?
I don't necessarily need
a program that will compile anything, just run the binary files.

<OT>
Just type it's path at the command prompt, and the system should execute
the program if it's suitable for that system. Otherwise you either need
to run it under an emulator or under a guest operating system of
suitable type. For example if you want to run Windows binaries under a
UNIX system you could try running under WINE or run a Windows system as
a guest under your UNIX system and run the binary from it.

Of course recompiling the source to generate native executable files is
the best method, if you have access to source.
</OT>

For further details ask in a group specific for your target system.

<snip>

Kenneth Brody

Dirk said:
Hello,

I have a bunch of C programs that I've written and I was wondering if
there was a program out there, preferably free, or a method of running
these programs on my Windows Vista notebook?

There are several free C compilers that support Vista output.
I don't necessarily need
a program that will compile anything, just run the binary files.

What "binary files"? Do you have C source code, or a compiled binary?
If it's a compiled binary, for what platform were they compiled?
I was
told about jGrasp,

I thought jGrasp was for Java?
but could not get the compiler to work or figure
out how to just run a program without compiling the source file.

If you have C source code, then you need to either (1) compile it,
or (2) get a C interpreter.

[...]

Jack.Thomson.v3

Hello,

I have a bunch of C programs that I've written and I was wondering if
there was a program out there, preferably free, or a method of running
these programs on my Windows Vista notebook? I don't necessarily need
a program that will compile anything, just run the binary files. I was
told about jGrasp, but could not get the compiler to work or figure
out how to just run a program without compiling the source file.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

-Dirk

Just write a Batch file...