    sense that I add the "link" column in code.

    Could someone out there point me in the right direction?

    Many thanks in anticipation of a response.
    timcyberbanjo, May 25, 2005

  2. Hi timcyberbanjo,

    Thanks for your post!!

    Based on my understanding, you want to add a hyperlink column to your
    webform DataGrid, so that you can click the hyperlink and navigate to the
    details page. If I misunderstand you, please feel free to tell me. Thanks

    Yes, WebForm DataGrid is a Column-based DataBinding server control, which
    we can add a lot of different columns in the DataGrid freely. Normally, we
    can embeded any server child control in the DataGridColumn and make a
    customized column for Asp.net DataGrid. However, Asp.net has several
    build-in customized DataGridColumn for our usage, and HyperLinkColumn is
    just one of these build-in columns. For details about how to use
    HyperLinkColumn and how to add it into DataGrid, please refer to:
    "Adding Hyperlink Columns to a DataGrid Web Server Control"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/
    vbtskaddinghyperlinkcolumnstodatagridwebcontrol.asp
    and
    "HyperLinkColumn Class"
    frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolshyperlinkcolumnclasstopic.asp

    Generally, we can do the databinding with HyperLinkColumn using
    "DataTextField" and "DataNavigateUrlField" properties of HyperLinkColumn.
    Additionally, we may use "DataTextFormatString" and
    "DataNavigateUrlFormatString" 2 properties for the formatting.

    At last, the article below gives us a more deeply description about columns
    usage in DataGrid, for your information:
    "Creating Custom Columns for the ASP.NET Datagrid"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html
    /creatingcustomcolumns.asp
    of assistance.

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Tan
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], May 25, 2005

  3. Hi timcyberbanjo,

    Does my reply make sense to you? Is your problem resolved? If you have any
    concern, please feel free to tell me, thanks

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], May 27, 2005