Progress Indicator. Please Comment

Miki Vz

Hi all,

I came to ruby from perl. The first thing I missed was the SmartComments
package that allowed me to add progress indicators to loops, I couldn't
find any. Then I figured that maybe it wasn't very hard, so I did it
myself.

I was thinking of publishing this. Is there anything like this already?
Stuff like copyright and stuff, I guess I'd like this as free as it
gets, should I worry about that?

About the actual code, do you find it useful? Are there any possible
improvements you can think of.

It's the first time I publish anything open source. How should I go
about it?
I have a big Text Mining library I'm working on, and I plan to publish
it soon. This is kind of a test :p

Thanks for your time.

- Miki

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/1074/progress.rb

Miki Vz

al_batuul said:
Dear Miki,

I am very interested in the text Mining library, please inform me when
ready,
Fatmah

Its a library to process Text for Biology. I does document
classification and named entity extraction and normalization, and I'm
yet to port from the earlier perl version the code for protein protein
interaction detection.

The library is already complete, and I'm using it for some text analysis
system I'm working on. It also has a complete evaluation system for each
step, using PubMed articles and the Biocreative data sets, so it should
be useful for other researchers on the field.

I have to still publish it, I guess I need to clean and organize the
code a bit, and figure out all the copyrigth stuff. But I'm really
looking forward, I'd love to have some input.

mail me at

mikisvaz at yahoo com and i'll keep you informed.

Cheers

- Miki