Project Name in an asp.net Item Template?

gabe

Hi,

Is it possible to store the project name in an Item Template?

I can use $safeprojectname$ in a Project Template, and the correct
name is replaced. However, if I do the same in an Item Template, it is
not replaced. I'm using VB.Net in a Web Application Project in VS 2005
SP1.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

What I would do is examine all of the project and item template files and
test the individual tokens. There might be a project token in the item
template engine, but I would not be surprised if it is missing. I am finding
there is much missing from .NET. I do not blame Microsoft for this
"short-sidedness", however, as I am now dealing with my own in a project I
am on. When you are focused on a goal, peripheral issues can get ignored. In
addition, you are probably a fringe case.

You can dynamically pull information, if you are trying to display this
information. You can also set information in config.

Personally, I see little use for project name in every item, as I write most
of my ASP.NET code to be used across multiple projects (skinable sites), at
least for the time being. Project name would show which site the idea came
from, but offer little else. Your mileage may vary.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!