    Any suggestions or references very appreciated,

    Thank you,
    Cezar
    CBN Media, May 24, 2004

  2. You can obfuscate your assemblies so they cannot be easily decompiled.
    Visual Studio 2003 has a basic built in obfuscator, but for 2002 you'll need
    a 3rd party solution.

    Here's more information on obfuscators:
    http://www.abderaware.com/WhitePapers/Obfuscator.htm
    http://www.preemptive.com/dotfuscator/index.html
    http://www.devx.com/SummitDays/Article/11351
    http://www.lesser-software.com/ilobf.htm

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "CBN Media" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a ASP.NET application with most of the business logic in stored
    > procedures, and custom components etc.
    > We're looking of some way to protect this code when we deploy our
    > application on the client's server. I remember I read somewhere about
    > wraping your application in one (or more) DLLs that you install so the
    > client doesn't actually has access to the code. What happens to the aspx
    > pages? The client still have access to his web server = he has access to

    the

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 24, 2004

  3. Cezar,

    There are applications for scrambling the assemblies. Any code in <% %> block on your .aspx page is going to be exposed. If you've put your code in the code behind .VB file just don't publish that file. It will be compiled in to a DLL anyways. These DLL's can be reverse engineered to a degree. It would be pretty time consuming so unless you client is Microsoft I wouldn't stress too much. That's my two cents.

    -Calvin Luttrell
    ProjectThunder.com

    Calvin Luttrell/ProjectThunder.com, May 24, 2004
  4. CBN Media

    Cezar Guest

    Thank you both for the answers.

    I heard about the VS.NET 2003 built in obfuscator but I could find more
    info in their help files. Does it automatically "hide" the code when you
    compile the application?

    Ohh, I found this article on MSDN that might have the answers
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/11/NETCodeObfuscation/

    Thank you,
    Cezar

    Cezar, May 24, 2004