protect source

Guest

Hi,
The user can ftp the my aspx application.
how to protect the source code? that is: want user to use it, but not view
or modify it. Please advice. Thanks...

Guest

Hi,
The user can ftp the my aspx application.
how to protect the source code? that is: want user to use it, but not
view or modify it. Please advice. Thanks...

You can use an obfuscation code.

As for preventing of FTP of code - you'll need to put your own security
(perhaps server name/Mac address/IP registration?)

Otis Mukinfus

Hi,
The user can ftp the my aspx application.
how to protect the source code? that is: want user to use it, but not view
or modify it. Please advice. Thanks...
You don't really allow users to FTP from all of your site do you? That
would certainly be a problem, indeed.

You need to disallow anonymous FTP from your site root. If you have
users who must FTP data from the site, put the data in a separate
folder with FTP access.

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.otismukinfus.com
http://www.tomchilders.com