    (example .htm) should be protected and the rest are unprotected?

    Thanks.

    , Apr 20, 2005

  2. Hello ,

    you can't use wildcards on the <locaction files..../> section

    but be careful - htm (or more generally speaking every extension that _isn't_
    handled by asp.net) isn't affected by the authorization element in web.config

    for these kind of files - IIS uses the IUSR_ account to retrieve them - you
    can place NTFS ACLs on them, e.g.

    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Apr 21, 2005

  3. Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Apr 21, 2005