Proxy authentication required

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by samy coco via .NET 247, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. (Type your message here)

    --------------------------------
    From: samy coco

    I have a windows application which invokes Web services:

    WebReference1.myservice service = new WebReference1.myservice();
    service.Url = "http://myurl.asmx";
    service.MyMethod(string arg);

    A client station using a Proxy server (ISA server) fails when calling the webservice .
    The error message is :

    (407) Proxy authentication required.

    How to get the parameters(Password/UserName/Domain) that the user supplied to establishe a connection with the Proxy via his Internet Browser ?

    Thanks Samy.

    -----------------------

    <Id>DPDHzBxrG0K7TXYGrIgIZQ==</Id>

    samy coco via .NET 247, Apr 23, 2004

  2. samy coco via .NET 247

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Check this KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330221

    Add this to the .config file:
    <defaultProxy>
    <proxy
    usesystemdefault = "false"
    proxyaddress="http://proxyserver:port"
    bypassonlocal="true"
    />
    </defaultProxy>

    OR do this in code:
    Dim myProxy As New WebProxy("http://proxyserver:port", True)
    myProxy.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("username", "password",
    "domain")
    Dim myFindService As New FindServiceSoap()
    myFindService.Proxy = myProxy

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan