    books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
    Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
    SOAP, would be great.

    Bren, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Bren

    Mirch Masala Guest

    "Bren" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
    > dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
    > books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
    > Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
    > SOAP, would be great.

    Have you looked at some of the XML Database Benchmarks around? Some have
    data generators that you could use to configure your own data set. There are
    five main XML database benchmarks:

    Michigan Benchmark:
    http://www.eecs.umich.edu/db/mbench/

    XBench Family of Benchmarks:
    http://db.uwaterloo.ca/~ddbms/projects/xbench/

    XMach-1 Benchmark:
    http://dbs.uni-leipzig.de/en/projekte/XML/XmlBenchmarking.html

    XMark Benchmark:
    http://monetdb.cwi.nl/xml/index.html

    XOO7 Benchmark:
    http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~ebh/XOO7.html

    vr

    --
    Akmal B. Chaudhri
    Editor, Special Projects (Eclipse, Web Services)
    Mirch Masala, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Bren

    arachno Guest

    Hello Bren,

    Maybe List of XML DB servers will be useful for you. Have a look at
    http://www.stringex.com/?rid=xml&mid=xmlserver

    cheers,

    --
    arachno
    http://forums.arachnoware.com

    arachno, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Am Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:11:09 -0400 schrieb Bren:

    > Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
    > dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
    > books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
    > Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
    > SOAP, would be great.

    Maybe "Amazon Web Services" is the thing you are looking for:

    http://www.amazon.com/webservices/

    Sebastian
    Sebastian Schaffert, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Bren

    Bren Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:01:30 +0200, Sebastian Schaffert
    <> wrote:

    >Am Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:11:09 -0400 schrieb Bren:
    >

    >> Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
    >> dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
    >> books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
    >> Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
    >> SOAP, would be great.

    >Maybe "Amazon Web Services" is the thing you are looking for:
    >
    >http://www.amazon.com/webservices/
    >
    >Sebastian

    Thanks guys! These are exactly what I was looking for.

    Bren, Jul 23, 2003