Put a J2ME application on the server

Darko

Hi,

I'm using J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2, its KToolbar, Emulator etc. I
built an application I would like to put on my web server so other
people can download and install it from there.

Now, how I understood it, I should put both Hello.jad and Hello.jar on
the web server, and I did so. Since my (f...ng) network doesn't work
well these days, I can't try to download&install it from my phone, so
I tried to do it using the emulator, according to the instructions
from the manual:

emulator -Xjam

The phone emulator opens, and I follow the steps which lead me to
typing the URL, which I do, but I get the error message:

No MIDlet suits found. Check the URL to make sure it is correct.

I read somewhere that it is important that the server handles this
type of file correctly, i.e. to deliver it with content type text/
vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor, so to make sure it is correct, I even
tried making a simple PHP script with following contents:

<?php
header( "Content-type: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor" );
header('Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="Hello.jad"');
$f = file_get_contents( "Hello.jad" );
echo $f;
?>

But that gives exactly same results.

Where did I go wrong? I used KToolbar to build the package, which
generated the .jad and .jar files. I entered Settings section, and
specified the MIDlet-Jar-URL parameter with http://webserver/path/Hello.jar,
as I supposed that should specify where .jar file can be found.

Still didn't work.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Darko